Monday, September 22, 2008

Lecture Series Online

My husband, Jon, and I celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary this past Friday. I was surprised with a new iMac when I woke up that morning, all set up and everything. What a guy!

Now I can finally watch all the touching and informative video clips about autism online without all the scrambling, blipping and choppy sounds my 8-year-old computer handed out.

This week, my goal is to watch some of the UC Davis M.I.N.D. Institute Distinguished Lecture Series presentations online. We’ve found it a challenge to make it up to Sacramento, so I was thrilled to find that I can watch them from the comfort of my own home.

If interested in attending in person, The Lecturer Series is scheduled on the second Wednesday of each month from October 2008 through June 2009 in the auditorium of the M.I.N.D. Institute at 2825 50th Street in Sacramento. Sessions are free and open to the public; no reservations are needed. Each speaker in this series will give two lectures: a technical presentation at 4 p.m. and a general-interest presentation at 6 p.m., each followed by a question and answer period.

Some online lecture topics that caught my attention are:

Can Children with Autism "Recover?
The Science and Fiction of Autism
My Experience with Autism (Temple Grandin)
Medication Treatment in Autism: What Really Works
Autism: Have Child Immunizations Created an Epidemic?

Oh my goodness, there are so many! Happy viewing.

2 comments:

kristenhen said...

Congratulations on the new computer! That is so great!

I had been to the MIND video site before to watch SLP/OT videos, but didn't know a new series was coming. I'll have to check back for the new videos- thanks!

dmorrow1 said...

Happy Anniversary, Molly & Jon! (A little late). Did you do something special to celebrate TEN years?